How To Find A Good Pet Sitter?
Whether you’re going out of town for the weekend or taking a vacation, you’ll need to find a pet sitter near me to take care of your furry friend. But how do you know who to trust? Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect pet sitter for your needs.
There are a number of websites that allow you to search for pet sitters in your area. When searching for a pet sitter, be sure to read reviews from previous clients to get an idea of the quality of service they provide. You should also ask for references from past clients and contact them to find out more about their experience with the pet sitter.
Seek recommendations from family and friends
When it comes to finding a good pet sitter, there’s no substitute for firsthand recommendations. Just like with anything else, you’re much more likely to have a positive experience if you get a recommendation from someone you trust. Seek first hand recommendations from friends or family. They will likely have experience with local companies and can give you some clues about pricing, schedules, and services offered.
Check with your veterinarian or local animal shelter
Looking for a good pet sitter can be tricky- you want someone who will care for your animal as if it were their own, but it can be hard to know exactly what that entails. Checking with your veterinarian or local animal shelter is a great first step- they likely have a list of recommended sitters in the area who have been previously vetted.
Interview the Pet Sitter
The best way to find a good pet sitter is to interview several candidates. Here are some tips for preparing for the interview:
1. Make a list of questions to ask each candidate. This will help you compare apples to apples when it comes to their experience, rates, and availability.
2. Do a trial run with your top candidate. Ask them to come over and watch your pets for an hour or two while you run an errand. This will give you a chance to see how they interact with your pets and if they follow your instructions well.
3. Get references from each candidate’s past clients. This is the best way to get an idea of their work ethic and whether or not they’re reliable.
4. Ask about their experience. You can ask them how long they have been caring for pets, what kinds of animals they have experience with, and if they have ever dealt with any special needs pets. They are likely to be a good pet sitter if they have plenty of experience and seem confident in their abilities. If they are relatively new to pet care or seem unsure about some aspects of it, then you may want to keep looking.
5. Check their training. A good pet sitter will have experience in animal handling and will know how to properly take care of your pet. They should also have experience with common pet illnesses and be able to administer medication if needed. Be sure to also ask about the pet sitter’s policy on emergencies.
6. Ask about their pet care approach. Specifically, you’ll want to find out how they would handle feeding, walking, and exercising your pet, as well as providing any needed medical care.
Make sure you have a written agreement in place
When looking for a pet sitter, it’s important to make sure you have a written agreement in place. This will help ensure both you and the pet sitter are on the same page about expectations and responsibilities.
Some things to include in your agreement might be:
· The dates and times the pet sitter will be caring for your pet(s)
· What services the pet sitter will provide (e.g., feeding, walking, cleaning up after)
· How much notice the pet sitter needs before canceling or rescheduling an appointment
· What charges the pet sitter will incur in the event of cancellation or no-shows
Benefits Of The Pet Sitting Service
Pet sitting provides a number of important benefits for both pet owners and their pets. For pet owners, the benefits of pet sitting services include:
· Peace of Mind – When you’re on vacation or away from home for an extended period of time, you can rest assured knowing that your beloved pet is in good hands. A professional pet sitter will provide your pet with love, attention, and exercise while you’re away, which can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
· Convenience – With a professional pet sitter, you won’t have to worry about making arrangements for someone to take care of your pets while you’re away. Instead, you can simply leave your contact information and details with the sitter, and they will handle everything from feeding and walking your pets to providing them with any necessary medical care.
· Affordable Rates – This is because the service does not require hiring a full-time employee, and as a result, clients can save on their overall cost.
For pets, the benefits of pet sitting services include:
· Regular feeding and watering, as specified by the owner
· Walks and playtime outdoors, providing much-needed exercise and stimulation
· Tender, loving care in the comfort of their own home
· Reduced stress and anxiety from being in an unfamiliar environment
Need a Pet Sitter?
If you are in need of a pet sitter, look no further than Animal People Pet Sitting & Dog Walking. Our team is composed of experienced and qualified professionals who love animals and will take great care of your pet while you are away. We offer a variety of services to meet your needs, and we are here to help you feel confident that your furry friend is in good hands. You can count on us to provide the best possible care for your pet and to always put their safety and well-being first.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation!